#200-203: Two Steps Forward, One Step Back Issues
Below is a summary of issue #200-203, published November 2021 – June 2022. This issue is available for purchase online by clicking “Add to Cart” below.
Buy This Issue: $80
An electronic PDF of this issue will be emailed to you upon receipt of payment.
Featured in This Issue
On-going Challenges Ahead for Operators and Consumers Alike
Recommended Wines: A Range of Top Quality-Great Value Wines from 9 Countries
A Range of Top Quality-Great Value Wines from 11 Countries
Focus on California and Washington State Wines:
- Outstanding wines from Russian River Valley, including 100+ top bottlings (Pinot Noirs, Chardonnay, Zinfandels, Syrahs) from Ancien, Benovia, Chev, Cirq, Domaine de la Riviere, Dutton Estate, Dutton-Goldfield, Enroute, Freeman, Gary Farrell, J. Cage, Kanzler, Marimar Estate, Maritana, Merry Edwards, Moshin, Mueller, Patz & Hall, Ramey, Three Sticks, Tongue Dancer, and Williams Selyem.
- Many other exceptional California Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays are recommended from Ancien, Blue Farm, Bouchaine, Hyde Vineyards Estate, Dutton-Goldfield, Far Niente, Fort Ross, J. Lohr, Knights Bridge, MacRostie, Merry Edwards, Morgan, Patz & Hall, Ramey, Three Sticks, Tongue Dancer, and Williams Selyem.
- Remarkable 2017, 2018, and 2019 Cabernet Sauvignons, Cabernet Francs, Merlots, and sundry ‘Cab Family blends reviewed from these California producers—L’Autre Cote, Corison, Diamond Creek, Eponymous, Hyde Vineyards Estate J. Lohr, Kunde, Ladera, Lineage, Newton, Nickel & Nickel, Oakville Ranch, Saint Helena Winery, Secret Door, Serres Ranch, Smith-Madrone, Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars, Steven Kent, Stanton, St. Supery, Trefethen, Truchard, Turnbull, and Whitehall Lane, among others—and Canvasback, Col Solare, and DeLille from Washington State.
- Top value Malbecs from Argentina
- Show-stopping Cabernet Sauvignon from Australia
- Zesty, distinctive Loire Valley Sauvignon Blancs
- Superb Italian wines from native grape varieties (from Caprettone to Nebbiolo)
- A range of splendid South African wines (Cabernet Sauvignon, Chenin Blanc, Pinotage, Chardonnay, Syrah, Sauvignon Blanc, classic method sparkling wine, and blends)
- Great old vine Rioja; terrific Tannat Reserve from Uruguay