#169-171: 2017 Wine Outlook Issue
- 2017 On-Premise Wine Forecast
- Special Report: The Move to “At Their Best” Wines On-Premise
- Special Focus: Wines of Montefalco
- 570 Wines Recommended
Below is a summary of issue #169-171, published in September 2016 – February 2017. This issue is available for purchase online by clicking “Add to Cart” below.
Buy This Issue: $60
An electronic PDF of this issue will be emailed to you upon receipt of payment.
Featured in This Issue
2017 On-Premise Wine Forecast
Not an easy road ahead, but the bottle is at least half-full…
Special Report: The Move to “At Their Best” Wines On-Premise
Technological advances and consumer demand point to a big opportunity for medium priced, mature wines on-premise…
Special Focus: Wines of Montefalco
Montefalco continues to deliver excellent quality red wines at reasonable prices, and now some attention is turning to whites.
We recommend 570 wines this issue, from across the world, from white to red, sparkling to fortified, low-priced to very expensive (most wines are medium- and high-priced), and from Washington State to Uruguay, with important lay-overs in:
– California, for more than 50 2014 Pinot Noirs (some of the best we have ever tasted, 37 Cabernet Sauvignons and blends (ditto), and outstanding 2014 Chardonnays, 2015 Sauvignon Blancs, 2013 Merlots, 2014 Syrahs, 2014 Zinfandels, and more…
– Australia, for seriously-good wines at very reasonable prices;
– New Zealand, for a taste of Martinborough;
– South Africa, for a look at the wines of new-wave vintners;
– Italy, for a range of great value white and red wines, as well as some of that country’s greatest red wines of all;
– Austria, for a quick glass of great value Gruner;
– Germany, for a sip of the outstanding 2015 Rieslings;
– France, for superb Champagne and top value Burgundy;
– Spain, for outstanding red and white values, and one of its red wine icons;
– Portugal, for splendid reds and Portos from the Douro;
– Chile, for a taste of some of its cutting-edge producers;
and Argentina, for some astounding red wines values.