#119-120: The USA Wine Market On-Premise Issue
- Exclusive 2006 USA Reports: Top 100 Wine Brands, Top 105 Individual Wines, Entire Market Overview
- Operation Profile: This Atlanta-based wine bar company is preparing to go national
- 200 Wines Recommended
Below is a summary of Restaurant Wine magazine issue #119-120, published in May/June & July/August 2007. This issue is available for purchase online by clicking “Add to Cart” below.
Buy This Issue:
An electronic PDF of this issue will be emailed to you upon receipt of payment.
Featured in This Issue
Exclusive 2006 USA Reports: Top 100 Wine Brands, Top 105 Individual Wines, Entire Market Overview
1. Restaurant Wine Top 100 Wine Brands Sold in USA Restaurants, 2006. This report lists the most popular wines sold in USA restaurants, ranking them based on estimated case sales in 2006 in all on on-premise establishments combined.
One of the key findings: wines from the USA and Italy accounted in 2006 for 86 of the brands themselves, and for 88% of their total sales in USA restaurants. All 100 brands, and their estimated case sales and share of market, are included here.
2. Restaurant Wine Top 105 Wines Sold in USA Restaurants, 2006. This exclusive report lists the top 105 individuals wines sold across the USA in 2006, ranked according to estimated case volume.
Key findings: These 105 wines in 2006 accounted for nearly 46% of all on-premise wine revenues in the USA in 2006; varietal white wines accounted for nearly 43% of Top 105 Wines total sales, and 41 slots, shared by only 4 varietals; varietal red wines accounted for 26% of total sales in 2006, and 37 of the Top 105 Wines listings. All 105 wines, and their estimated case sales and share of market, are included here.
3. Restaurant Wine 2006 USA Total On-Premise Wine Market Overview, By Category. A breakdown of the entire USA on-premise wine market, 2006, according to our estimates. This exclusive overview breaks down estimated on-premise sales by major wine types, including: generic wines; white varietal wines (Chardonnay, Pinot Gris/Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling); roses; red varietal wines (Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah/Shiraz, Pinot Noir); fortified wines & vermouth; and sparkling wine.
This Atlanta-based wine bar company is preparing to go national. It operates 18 units in four states, and will expand to the West Coast soon. Wine accounts for an impressive 56% of total sales in its wine bars; each unit also sells wine at retail.
200 recommendations (out of 800+ tasted), from the USA, Australia, Chile, France, Gemany, Italy, and New Zealand.
Highlights include top new California Chardonnays & Pinot Gris; exceptional new release Cabernet Sauvignons from Sonoma County & Napa Valley; first rate California Pinot Noirs & Zinfandels; highly recommended Argentine Malbecs & Australian Shirazs; outstanding Champagnes; great value Italian white and red wines; and a selection of excellent New Zealand white wines.